Sunday, February 21, 2010

Blessings :)

Well, last Sunday, Jeff Long and his wife Coleen were visiting at FBC Norco. WHAT a blessing! I missed them more than I knew and it was so good to see them and visit with them. There was a lunch after church for the Philippines team from last year and the one going this year to spend time with them and just get to talk to them.

We were filled in on all the work that Jeff's ministry, Kids International Ministries, is doing in Manila and Malaybalay. He told us that at the end of January there were still 19 (I think) inches of water!! It was astonishing how deep it still is! It's crazy to think that the water hit 5 months ago and it's still so deep. Please pray for the water to recede quickly.

I miss all the kids a lot. They were so sweet and so fun to spend time with! I want to go back some day - but we'll see where God opens doors for David and I. We definitely don't want to miss out on something because we are set on our own passions.

Speaking of us -as of ten minutes ago (midnight) it is officially 70 days until our wedding!!! Just ten weeks!!! I can't believe it. I am SO stoked and impatient! Haha. We are so very excited to start our life together. We have our moments of realizing just how huge this decision is, but honestly those moments make me appreciate him so much more because I'm not worried about whether he is the right man for my life.

God has done a lot of work in our lives and in the ways He's brought us together. David is truly my best friend and I can't believe we are where we are! I am so excited to be married and to start out poor (because without a doubt we will) and to work through those hard times. It will be so awesome to see God providing when we feel like there's nothing else that could possibly go wrong.

Some prayer requests:
1) jobs (for both of us)
2) apartment (for us)
3) that I would stay focused on school
4) we would be faithful in seeking God

Thank you! :)

No comments: